Canadian Health and Wellness Innovations Conference
Sunday, February 10 - Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, Chandler, AZ
Keynote Session—Not Your Average Health Fair
Keynote Speaker: James J. Hynes, Executive Administrator,
Twin Cities Pipe Trades Service Association
Learn firsthand how a group of Minneapolis-area health and welfare funds banded together to create LaborCare Health Fair that was able to attract thousands of plan participants. Walk away with tips for planning such an event that will motivate and educate your plan members.
- National Standard of Canada on Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace - Mary Ann Baynton, MSW, RSW, Principal, Mary Ann Baynton & Assoiciates Consulting
- Workplace Incivility, Harassment and Bullying: What You Need to Know - Sharone Bar-David, LLB, MSW, REAL™ Solutions for Respectful Work Environments
- Emerging Issues in Disability Management - John W. Elwick, Partner, Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP and Lucette M. Wesley, Director, Disability + Life Claims Services, Pacific Blue Cross BC Life
- Innovations in Pharmacy Benefit Management in Canada - David Willows, Vice President of Strategic Market Solutions, Green Shield Canada
- Get Moving: The Importance of Exercise - Jennifer Ettinger, Fitness and Lifestyle Expert, President, Fit Your Style, Inc.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: The Facts - David West, Partner, Mercer
- The Aging Brain - Nicole D. Anderson PHD, CP, Senior Scientist, Rotman Research Institute
- Sugar and the Diabetes Epidemic - Dr. Shelley Burns, N.D., Health Services Director, Executive Health Centre
- Integrative Medicine: Changing the Face of Medicine - Robert Crocker, Arizona
- Mobile Health Apps: Making Health Information Accessible Anytime Anywhere - Joel Alleyne, Adjunct Instructor, University of Toronto, IHPME, Faculty of Medicine
- Making Health and Wellness a Priority - Chris A. Camp, Chair, Halifax Professional Firefighters Benefits Trust
- Explore new trends in health and wellness.
- Gain the information needed to make the case for implementing wellness plans.
- Find ways to motivate plan participants to take responsibility for their own health.
- Hear about strategies that could save your fund money in the short and long term.
The Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) has approved the Canadian Health and Wellness Innovations Conference
4 hours in the Management category*
- National Standard of Canada on Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Workplace Incivility, Harassment and Bullying: What You Need to Know
- Emerging Issues in Disability Management
- Making Health and Wellness a Priority
*You must attend all “Management” approved sessions to receive credit in this category.
3 hours in the Personal Skills*
- Get Moving: The Importance of Exercise
- The Aging Brain
- Sugar and the Diabetes Epidemic
*You must attend all “Personal Skills” approved sessions to receive credit in this category.
For further information on continuing education credit, please call (262) 786-6710, option 2.
- Comprehensive take-home materials
- Welcome reception with networking opportunities
- Continental breakfast
Sponsorships are available at this program. For more information, please contact Ronaelle Carlson at (262) 373-7748 or email@example.com, or Pam Wu, CEBS, at (262) 373-7752 or firstname.lastname@example.org